Tuesday 19 May 2015

Happy Fathers Day Poems, Songs - 2015 Fathers Day Songs & Poems for Dads

Happy Fathers Day Poems, Songs 2015: Our father are both our protectors and the ones who work hard to support the family, with minimal complaints. On this lovely movement of Fathers Day 2015 here are some Father's Day poems. are you looking for Happy Fathers Day 2015 Poems, Songs - 2015. We are here to share Fathers Day Songs & Poems for Dads. So what are you waiting for just share this page with your friends and family and celebrate your Happy Fathers Day 2015.



Happy Fathers Day Poems & Songs-


 Poem 1- Only a Dad

Only a dad with a tired face,
Coming home from the daily race,
Bringing little of gold or fame
To show how well he has played the game;

But glad in his heart that his own rejoice
To see him come and to hear his voice.
Only a dad with a brood of four,
One of ten million men or more

Plodding along in the daily strife,
Bearing the whips and the scorns of life,
With never a whimper of pain or hate,
For the sake of those who at home await.

Only a dad, neither rich nor proud,
Merely one of the surging crowd,
Toiling, striving from day to day,
Facing whatever may come his way,

Silent whenever the harsh condemn,
And bearing it all for the love of them.
Only a dad but he gives his all,
To smooth the way for his children small,

Doing with courage stern and grim
The deeds that his father did for him.
This is the line that for him I pen:
Only a dad, but the best of men.

:By Edgar A. Guest

Poem 2- God Took The Strength

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,

The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle’s flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,

The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,



Poem 3- Dad I Miss U

You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.

Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.
Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be

The person I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.
I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,



Poem 4- You Never

You never said I'm leaving
You never said goodbye
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knew why
A million times I needed you,

A million times I cried
If Love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died
In Life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still

In my heart you hold a place,
That no one could ever fill
It broke my heart to lose you,
But you didn't go alone
For part of me went with you,

:By Joanna Fuchs



Songs for Dad- Little I knew

Little I knew,what dreams to dream.
But an inner urge always pushed me.
to break free....the strong frontier.
To build my nest....far or near

My inner light caught the auburn highlights
Of my intricate thoughts...my subconscious far-sight
The pillar of my strength...my "dad" caught me
there i went.an Indian student ...to Aussie

A speeding child careened passed me.
As I take a leap of faith...to the University
thoughtless ...ignorant...and cruel remarks came
there i stood...but ..not drained in shame

The tough gritty..strikingly beautiful place
with its soaring buildings and ornate bridges.
the vast parks were quiet and still.
the whole neighbourhood touched in emerald hill.

No din and bustle...no rickshaw tinkling..
no trams..no sweat...no girlfriend winking..
I stood alone in my Indian outfit.
My eyes moistened...with undaunted spirit.

I walked through the foyer...with its high ceiling and mosaic.
The wooden door stained...with panel of cloudy glass.
struggling to change the world's perception.
with persistent patience ...I still stand amass.

my courage,my will,my passion..my zeal.
my anxiety..my fears...my fist and inner fury.
made me win the battle..i fought at length
I stand now...Warrior..in the Sanctuary

:By Indranil Halder

Songs for Dad- I Remember

Bedtime came, we were settling down,
I was holding one of my lads.
As I grasped him so tight, I saw a strange sight:
My hands. . .they looked like my dad's!

I remember them well, those old gnarled hooks,
there was always a cracked nail or two.
And thanks to a hammer that strayed from its mark,
his thumb was a beautiful blue!

They were rough, I remember, incredibly tough,
as strong as a carpenter's vice.
But holding a scared little boy at night,
they seemed to me awfully nice!

The sight of those hands - how impressive it was
in the eyes of his little boy.
Other dads' hands were cleaner, it seemed
(the effects of their office employ).

I gave little thought in my formative years
of the reason for Dad's raspy mitts:
The love in the toil, the dirt and the oil,
rusty plumbing that gave those hands fits!

Thinking back, misty-eyed, and thinking ahead,
when one day my time is done.
The torch of love in my own wrinkled hands
will pass on to the hands of my son.

I don't mind the bruises, the scars here and there
or the hammer that just seemed to slip.
I want most of all when my son takes my hand,
to feel that love lies in the grip.

So hope you enjoyed reading on our Post Happy Fathers Day Poems, Songs - 2015. And Don’t forget to share these Best Father's Day poems and songs .Visit Us again and again..

Incoming Search Terms:

fathers day poems
fathers day poems from daughter
poems for fathers day
happy fathers day 2015 songs
father's day songs
Fathers Day Songs & Poems

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.